669 views

I called Hippo for an estimate to replace my 13 square cottage roof. I was impressed with their ad that said they can do metal for the same price as shingles.

So a young woman shows up and climbs my ladder. She says "This is the tallest house I've been on." A 1 story? Do I said "dont fall" and she reply's "Dont worry I've got medicaid" Then she comes in and show me a brochure and states we dont use subs, everyone has insurance (I wondered if everyone was an unwed mother with medicaid" the she brings out her computer and calculates $10200. TEN THOUSAND?

For a cottage? the other bidders were $6400 and 5200.

I ended up paying $4800. I recommend you know what things cost or coyotes like these will rob you while their sales staff also robs the government

Product or Service Mentioned: Hippo Roofing Roof Replacement Estimate.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Hippo Roofing Pros: Welfare mom.

Hippo Roofing Cons: Idiot staff.

Store Location: 1555 N Harbor City Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32935, USA

Comments

Larry Taylor
Home Improvement Expert
If you are not satisfied with Hippo Roofing customer service, you may try to reach to the company top management by phone at (321) 312-1188 or at (321) 238-8829 and share your experience. You may also write to the company headquarters:
Hippo Roofing 1555 N Harbor City Blvd. Melbourn, FI 32935 USA.

I was planning on having Hippo some this week for a quote but after reading your post I am not so sure. Can you tell me who you ended up using for your roof? I live in Rockledge Thank you

I recently received a quote from them for a house I own in Satellite Beach. I'm having a difficult time getting other quotes, could you give me the names of the other roofing companies that you contacted?

Hippo Roofing Reviews