Hippo Roofing - Substandard work,Less than amateurish work
Architectural Exteriors, Inc. /Hippo Roofing/ William B Stillwell were contracted by me to replace my roof. When "completed" I removed the soffiting and found that quite a few truss tails were rotted away and multiple sections of the roof decking needed to be replaced and were not. I called them back to rework the these unacceptable areas which they did, horribly and then tried to bill me for their work which I refused to pay until a quality inspection was done by them. Their person never did come out to check the work. Fast forward to the present and I have rotten wood under the eves that I am having to replace and in doing so I found that when they did the rework they cut out the membrane, which I paid extra for in place of felt, and did not put back in place so now the nails have rusted away and my roof is rotting and leaking and I will have to have it redone again.
LVP ID: 16-DHP0011 DECISION OF THIRD PARTY NEUTRAL
(1) http://hippo-roofing.pissedconsumer.com/failed- todeliver-a-waterproof-roof- ascontracted-20110120217289.html
(2) http://hippo-roofing.pissedconsumer.com/buyerbeware-hippo-roofing- 20130427403892.html
(4) http://hippo-roofing.pissedconsumer.com/we- too-are- victims-of-hippo- and-thestillwells- 20140223476817.html
(5) http://hippo-roofing.pissedconsumer.com/1- yearand-still- no-resolution-with- hippo-roofing- and-thestilwells-20140707507268.html
(6) http://hippo-roofing.pissedconsumer.com/hippo- billstillwell-continues-to- resist-providing- a-roof- that-willpass- inspection-over-1- year-20140905530208.html
(7) http://hippo-roofing.pissedconsumer.com/review-aboutroofing-from- orlando-florida- 20150110580895.html
(8) http://hippo-roofing.pissedconsumer.com/hippo- roofing-fails-to-fix- leaks-after- being-paid- to-replace- entire-roof-20080827132935.html
(9) http://hippo-roofing.pissedconsumer.com/hippo- roofing-scamconvicted-felon- using-untrained- criminals-to- doroofing-20160209786917.html
Accordingly, I recommend that the aforementioned posts be removed in their entirety pursuant to the terms of the LVP Rules.
I further recommend that Review # 525462 and Review # 137626 remain on Pissed Consumer. However, I also recommend that the comment posted by “Gypsy Slayer” in the comment section of Review # 525462 and “OBO Shane the Hurricane” in the comment section of Review # 137626 be removed from these posts as they allege the Stillwell family are criminals and are therefore irrelevant and disparaging to Hippo.
Dated: May 23, 2016
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Roofing Company
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Letter sent to College works with NO response.Please find below comments on my experience with College Works. Nathen (project manager) explained the process to me, and as a business..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "Every other week for years- I would rip open a package of fresh Double Stuf OREOS, fill my 1LB glass jar, seal the rubber lid clasp... and eat the poor..."
- "Elaine M Dolci has got to be the worst excuse for an eye doctor ever. She works in Merritt Island / Cocoa Florida area. Rude, impatient and unprofessional...."
- "In May of 2015 I hired a contractor to replace my roof which had wind damage. I submitted a claim to my ins. co. who agreed to cover the damages..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."
- "At 1210 EDT on 12/10/2016 at the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen located at 12218 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170; They refused to honor the advertised deal in their window '10 PCS..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."