I originally told the general manager / owner that I would not leave a negative review for the company. However, because Hippo Roofing has continued to come up short on promises and guarantees, I felt compelled to share a little of my story in hopes that it saves someone else from making the same mistake my family and I did by hiring Hippo Roofing to do our roof.

July 6, 2016, we signed an agreement with Hippo Roofing to have them do a metal roof-over on our residence. We did not have $15,500.00 lying around in the bank, so we had to finance the amount through Hippo Roofing. They immediately, that day charged us for half of the cost of the roof. We were told by the salesman that our roof would be completed within 3-4 weeks.

4 weeks went by and we did not so much receive a phone call from Hippo Roofing about when they planned on starting our roof. We did however, now have to make our first payment on a roof that had not been started. After numerous attempts we finally got a hold of the project manager who told us that were on the schedule for the next week. Another more week went by and nothing. So we spoke to the project manager who told us again the next week we would get started.

Fast forward a total of 9 weeks from the time we signed until the time Hippo Roof started our roof. I spoke with the general manager / owner and explained to him my displeasure with the lack of communication with his company and requested he look at our file to see if he could take some money off of the total bill since his company had failed to do the things they said they were going to do. A week later I received an email from him stating there was not any room for a refund by to accept a $100 check for my troubles. I returned his email and told him I did not believe he was doing right by his customers and that it seemed he only cared about his bottom line. He has not responded to that email. Nor do I expect him to respond to this review.

Finally after 9 ½ weeks our roof was finished. 2 days later the clan-up guy showed up and cleaned up half of the debris left behind. He told me he was going to the dump and would be right back. The next day when he hadn’t returned I again called the project manager. He assured me the clean-up guy would be back out either that day or first thing the next morning. He had no answer as to why the clean-up guy did not return the previous day. The project manager also advised that he would be dropping off my warranty information that night, he did not. The project manager further said he saw my email to the general manager / owner and agreed that the $100 offer was a slap in the face.

The next day at 11:30am the debris had still not been picked up. It was not picked up and until I left a voicemail for the project manager (who never once actually answered his phone he always called me back either hours or days later) and promised to load the debris in my truck and leave it at Hippo Roofing if he didn’t have it cleaned up by the end of the day.

I know this is long but it’s not really even half of the story. Working with Hippo Roofing was one of the worst experiences of my life. It is hard for me to understand how a local business that depends so much on word of mouth endorsements could treat a family as poorly as they treated us.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Hippo Roofing. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Hippo Roofing.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Home Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Hippo Roofing to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Hippo Roofing?

Comments

Rockledge, Florida, United States #1336109

I just had issues too.Major issues with Ricardo the GM especially.

Wish I never hired them.Worst decision of my life.

Deltona, Florida, United States #1317502

Thank You for that. Now I understand why no one is returning our calls.

Debbie

Melbourne, Florida, United States #1312441

Its sad to read this, because it comes down to not trusting anybody. and you have to be very careful these days!

Christmas, Florida, United States #1229894

Wow, thanks for your time spent on this review

I do not need to call them!

Melbourne, Florida, United States #1229408

omgosh!!!Thank you for the information!

We are planning a new roof and we were going to call HIPPO tomorrow...

THAT WON'T BE HAPPENING!!! thank you so very very much for the feedback.

More people need to take the time to do this!!!Bless you!

Satellite Beach, Florida, United States #1226486

Thanks for your review. I need my roof re-shingled after hurricane Matthew and was considering calling Hippo Roofing. I will NOT be calling them now thanks to reading your review.